I have always thought that sheet music had the most elegant look to it. Even if you don’t play an instrument – or can’t read sheet music from Latin – you can still use this elegant look to create beautiful décor for your home. I am so thrilled to share this tutorial with you on making your own sheet music jars.
What Do You Do With Your DIY Sheet Music Jar?
The question should be, “What can’t you do with a sheet music jar?” You can use these for candleholders, change jars, catchalls, or just about anything else that you can imagine. They would make beautiful vases and you could even add them to your DIY wedding decorations! Just use sheet music from your favorite romantic song. You could also fill these with candy or other homemade goodies and give them out as gifts.
Where Do You Get Sheet Music For DIY Music Jars?
So here’s the fun thing about this DIY sheet music jar…you don’t have to have any actual sheet music on hand. I printed mine right off from the computer. You can find the music to any song that you want, so your jars can be completely personalized!
How To Make A Decorative Sheet Music Jar
I love how easy and quick these music sheet jars are to make. I’ve already done a few to give out as gifts. You can also use them for any number of home décor ideas…and did I mention how easy they are to make?
Prep Time 5 minutes
Active Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Estimated Cost $2
- Empty Glass Jar
- Printed Off Sheet Music
- Rustic Thread Or Twine
- Artificial Flowers For Decoration
- First, you will need to choose your jar. You can do this with jars of all sizes, but I do recommend that you use glass because the hot glue is likely to melt a plastic bottle.
- Go online and find your chosen song in sheet music. There are numerous sites that will let you look up the sheet music for any song. Once you have found what you want to use, you need to print that music off.
- Once you have the music printed, you just wrap it around your jar.
- You may need to trim down your sheet music, depending on the size of your jar. If you are using smaller jars, you could print off two or four versions of your sheet music on the same sheet of paper – you know, for making multiple little music sheet jars for wedding décor or gift giving.
- You can also use sticky paper if you want, and that would do away with the need for a hot glue gun. If you don’t have sticky paper however, once you get your paper the right size, just glue it onto the jar.
- Decorate your music sheet jar with twine, ribbon, artificial flowers, a cute burlap bow, or whatever you want.
- Fill it with candies if you are giving it as a gift or add flowers or candles.
- When you are finished, your DIY music sheet jar should look a little something like this one:
How Else Can You Decorate Empty Jars?
Let’s see, there’s this gorgeous garden treasure jar that you can make with any empty jar. I also have a great tutorial on how to turn an empty jar into a fairy house, and I’ve got a massive collection of 50 DIY mason jar crafts that you just have to check out.
Pin this project:
What’s your favorite way to upcycle an empty glass jar?